When you interact with us through the Service, we may collect information from you, as further described below:
We collect personal data, including your first and last name and your email address, when you sign up for our optional email list under “Join”. This email list is completely optional, and many visitors enjoy our tutorials without signing up for the email list.
- Data We Collect Automatically: When you interact with us through the Service, we receive and store certain information, such as an IP address, device ID, and your activities within the Service. We may store such information, or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by affiliates, agents or service providers. The Service may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Service, the most visited pages, as well as the sites that refer visitors to the Service.
- Aggregated Information: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Service, we may conduct research on our user demographics and behavior based on the information collected. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Cookies: We do not currently employ cookies, but we may do so in the future. Cookies are pieces of data that sites and services can set on your browser or device that can be read on future visits. You can disable cookies by changing your browser settings. Further information about the procedure to follow in order to disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via your help screen.
- Third Party Analytics Tools: We do not currently employ third party analytics tools, but we may do so in the future.
The Company is based in the United States. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transferring of your information in and to the U.S. and other countries. The laws of the U.S. and other countries governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live.
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal grounds they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
Legitimate Interests: In many cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals. This includes:
- Providing a safe and enjoyable user experience;
- Customer service;
- Marketing, e.g., sending emails or other communications to let you know about new features or offerings;
- Protecting our users, personnel, and property;
- Analyzing and improving our business, e.g., collecting information about how you use our Service to optimize the design and placement of certain features;
- Managing legal issues.
Legal Compliance: We may need to use and disclose data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of your implied or explicit consent. For example, when you sign up for our optional email list, you are asked to grant consent allowing us to process the provided personal information.
The Company is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your information with certain third parties, as set forth below:
- Explicit Consent: We may transfer your information with your explicit consent.
- Third Party Service Providers: Like many businesses, we sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company or Related Companies, (iii) protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- Aggregated or Non-identifiable Data: We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business purposes.
We may ask you for feedback and suggestions for new products or modifications to existing products. You may also make suggestions on an unsolicited basis. All such information and communications shall be deemed to be non-confidential, and we shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute them to others without limitation or attribution.
Our Service is for users age 13 and over, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For residents of the EEA, where processing of personal information is based on consent, TableTop Data will not knowingly engage in that processing for users under the age of consent established by applicable data protection law. If we learn that we are engaged in that processing with such users, we will halt such processing and take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from our records.
We generally retain personal data for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes identified herein. To dispose of personal data, we may anonymize it, delete it, or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
The security of your information is important to us. We take reasonable measures to protect the information provided via the Service from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please be aware, however, that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for third party circumvention or our privacy settings or security measures and associated damages.
Furthermore, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the Service may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information via the Internet.
We believe that users should be treated equally no matter where they are, and so we are making the following options to control your data available to all users, regardless of their location. You can update certain basic information by editing your profile. You can also unsubscribe from certain emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link they contain. You can opt out of certain cookie-related processing by following the instructions above in “Other Information.” Individuals in the European Economic Area, Canada, Costa Rica and some jurisdictions outside the United States have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation whether we hold data about them, to access personal data we hold about them (including, in some cases, in portable form), and to obtain its correction, update, amendment, or deletion in appropriate circumstances. They may also object to our uses or disclosures of personal data, request a restriction on its processing, or withdraw any consent, though such actions typically will not have retroactive effect. They also will not affect our ability to continue processing data in lawful ways.
Please write us at email@example.com with the words “Personal Data Request” in the subject or body of your message, along with an explanation of what data subject right you are seeking to exercise. For your protection, we may take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling or responding to your request.
You have a right to ask us to stop or limit our use of your personal data in certain circumstances – for example, if we have no lawful basis to keep using your data, or if you think your personal data is inaccurate. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request / objection.
All users have the right to opt out of our processing of their personal data for direct marketing purposes. To exercise this right, you may click the “unsubscribe” link in any of our marketing emails.
The rights and obligations described above are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In addition to those rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern.